Head of marketing dept.
A technology business is an enterprise that derives the majority of its gross receipts from the design, development, or creation (for lease, sale or license) of technology-based products, processes, or related services. This definition includes businesses that
- develop proprietary technology that contributes to a significant proportion of the revenues,
- manufacture a technology related product, or
- Devote a high percentage of (financial) effort to Research & Development.
Duties of The Department
Technology Business Development of Solid Minerals Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (SOMMEDI), Nasarawa is structured to identify and take advantage of various business and organizational opportunities existing to distribute products of SOMMEDI as well as generate revenue to sustain the activities of the institute.
Working in collaboration with other departments, the tasks of the Technology Business Development Department include, but are not limited to:
- Business development Plan and guide for the production and sales of the products of SOMMEDI, including new products development and Management.
- Creating new markets and opportunities for expansion of the company
- Ensuring collection and storage and dissemination of current, correct and adequate information on all SOMMEDI products and services.
- Engage in all activities that will rebound in Marketing and sales of SOMMDI products and services for the purpose of generating revenue for the institute.
- Engage in needs driven technology planning process and provide information that will assist in making better technology investment decision.
- Collaboration, developing strategic relationships and alliances with other establishments/stakeholders, associations, national, and multinational bodies.
The main business thrust of the department being generation of revenue for the company and above all, ensuring proper technology investment for its growth.